The kids I chaffeur
They scream in delight each time I arrive at their doorstep. Their eyes wide opened & jumping with joy. They call me 'Anne che che' when they get into my car. Their mum comes along but she sits behind. Elijah, the eldest, sits in front. He often has to be reminded to put on the seat belt. He is the big 'ah-neh' who takes care of his sisters. Sabrina is the dreamer. Her eyes wander off to a distant space, but when she smiles, oh how my heart melts. Angeline, her sister, is the talkative one, my favourite, the bright one, who remembers every Bible story told to her during Sunday School. She's the one who thanks me non-stop, each time I send them home, the one who prefers the slide to the swing at the playground. Their cousin, Cherissa, often follows. Since she's on holiday, she's here in Ipoh. She's the youngest & quietest, & tags along with the rest. Joash, her brother, doesn't usually follow us. They say he's too naughty.
These are the kids I chaffeur to church. I'm beginning to love them. I took them to the Tmn D.R. playground yesterday & they enjoyed the time there, though cut short by the rain. There have been talks about another trip to the playground. Maybe next week. And they've also invited me to the Lost World with them on the 31st. We'll see...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home