Things of the past 1
Kids of the Kledang Community Chapel Children's Holiday Club 2006. Held in June. The kids are adorable and nice to play with!!
I was there to teach a Bible story (Daniel in the lions' den) and to take photographs to be put into a slideshow for the concert.
The kids enjoyed the 4 days very much & every year, our enrolment increases. Many thanks to teachers & helpers who sacrifice their time & energy to invest in the lives of these kids.
But there was something that happened that made me very sad too, something that shouldn't have happened, something that doesn't portray the love of Christ for the community. I'm not sure if I should write it here.
In short, people need to know that Jesus accepted every person while he was on earth, whether an adulterous woman or a pharisee or a tax collector or a child. He accepted them. Of course, it doesn't mean he encouraged their sin. But He never pushed them aside. He never said, "Oh sorry, we've got a programme to run and you are disturbing our programme so you need to leave." Never.
And so, we need to also learn to accept others, whether ugly or pretty, whether weird or normal, whether with disabilities or not, whether poor or rich... for if Jesus accepts and loves them and us, who are we not to accept and love them.

1 Comments:
amen to that sister!!
sometimes i think many of us play "church" for far too long edi... until we've lost the real essence of christianity and who Jesus really was. "I like your Jesus but I don't like your Christians" - Mohandas Karamchand Ghandi- kinda sucks eh? heh.
Post a Comment
<< Home