Monday, December 27, 2004

tidal wave

I find the news very depressing. Am kinda affected by it. Each time I watch the news on tv or read it in the papers, I have to hold back tears. And the numbers keep rising... Sigh....I've decided not to turn on that idiot box or turn to any of those Star pages.

Am glad though, that none of my students from SMK Balik Pulau perished. But there was a Form 5 class which was having a class party & some of them are injured, though I do not know how serious their injuries are. I have a student who's home is very near the coast & I hope he is ok. Also, many of their fathers are fishermen. I have no idea if they're alright.

Have a friend who is doing his medical elective in India. He was done with it last week & was gonna travel around India. I hope he is OK. I have no way of contacting him.

Depressing....

Of course, there are other things too that are contributing to this feeling. Roman 12:15 "Rejoice with those who rejoice; MOURN WITH THOSE WHO MOURN".

Hope? Yeah. We, Christians have it..... but I do get depressed too because of things that happen around....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home