Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Of cameras & manuals....

I have a camera. It's a Konica Minolta. Got it as a graduation present from my parents. I used to like it. Now I'm slowly losing the liking for it. It used to boast about a fast focussing speed. But it doesn't really live up to what it boasts, especially when it is a little dark. My photos turn out blurry. But if I use a tripod and slow flash, or no flash & longer shutter speed, my photos turn out right. But you don't suppose I carry a tripod wherever I go, right? What about moving boats or dancing people? I can't expect them to freeze for me.

So what do I do? I could read the manual. Gosh. But it's thick. Yeah but it tells me how to use my camera to its fullest capabilities. And maybe it would tell me how I could make my night pictures look better, since the writers ARE the manufacturers, the creators of the camera. Yeah maybe. But sometimes it's hard to understand, you know, the terms they use. And sometimes after reading, I forget. And why does that happen? Well, because I don't try the instructions out straight away. Well maybe...

So, it is with my life. It boasts of what it can do and what it thinks it can't do. Sometimes, things go wrong and I think of my own solutions, rather than reading the 'manual'. Excuses, there may be. But obviously the Author knows what's best. So, yeah...reading and applying...straight away...

(Am pretty please with this piece. Like so profound. Hahah!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home