Foo Chee is fine
I just got an email from Foo Chee to say he's safe. He's the friend I mentioned, who's in India doing his elective. Thank God he travelled north after his attachment. At this point he's not sure if he's flight back to Malaysia is affected. Is supposed to fly from Chennai.
While I'm writing this, many more thousand bodies are being found. And many more will die from water borne diseases, injuries, lack of clean water & food, etc. Argh....! I feel so helpless, sitting down here, typing this, knowing that there are people dying & that I can't do anything to stop it from happening. I feel even more depressed when I read about how the many deaths could have been prevented if only there was a device to detect the Sunday's tsunami in the Indian Ocean.
Today I called up Red Crescent to volunteer if they need help. They're supposed to call me. Will be going to Balik Pulau tomorrow to visit some ex-students of mine & to see how I could help. Then, on Sat (1 Jan), I'd be following EPCC's team to Tanjung Bungah to clear up mess & distribute food. That's the least I could do, I guess.
Don't feel the new year spirit....guess it's starting the new year on a sad note.... Will need some time to settle down, reflect on 2004 & move on to 2005, make new resolutions & directions. Heading to the Air Itam dam one of these days...maybe tomorrow...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home